My sister sent me this link this morning and again, i'm totally intrigued. http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe
I can't stop playing around on this website. It's hilarious. And i love the faces the guy keeps making. I bet he would be really fun to hang out with - his commentary when the barbies finish blending is great. See, now aren't you interested? Go look!
My week of being at home continues. It's everything I wanted and more. I leave on Sunday afternoon to fly to Philadelphia for a few days for work, then am flying directly to Tahoe for a long weekend of skiing and Super Bowl watching at the casinos. Then I'll be back in SF for about 12 hours, then I fly to Dallas for a few days for work. I'll definitely be stopping at Taco Cabana. In fact, a guy I work with (in Dallas) insists on IMing me every day (when i'm not in Dallas) right about lunchtime and saying "Hey, going to run to TC...want anything?". It's very cruel. He knows it's torture for me to be denied and then have it rubbed in my face.
So went to dinner last night (www.perbaccosf.com) with my friend Melissa, and 2 of her friends Jennie and Karen, who are wonderful. We had some hilarious storytelling and had a great meal. They decided they didn't care what we did, so basically I ordered all the wine and all the food and we just shared everything. It was a great way to do it, bc the waiter just focused on ME ME ME all night, which of course I just hated. :)
So I know you're all dying to hear what we ate.
-We started with the "Salumi Misto", which was a platter of cured meats. Yum!! They were all really good, except for one that was basically huge chunks of fat.
-Then we had the pear and endive salad. This was a dissspointment. Not very good.
-Tajarin (Tagliatelle, pork sauce, and mushrooms)
-Butternut Squash Pasta
-Steak
-Garlic Broccoli
I have lunch AND dinner plans with friends today, so expect more food-related posts later!
Today I am so bored at work that I've set my itunes to only play songs that have never played before. There are a lot more than I was expecting. Then i realize why. My sister must have uploaded her complete and extensive collection of "Queen" albums onto my computer at some point. I hate Queen. So my plan backfired.
Ok my airport list will continue in my next post - as I sadly have to do some real work now. Please vote on which airport you want to hear about next. If you want something I'm not that familiar with I'll do it...but it will be 99% made up. Just warning you.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is sick, but they should have that awful song in the background with the barbie blender clip - "I'm a Barbie girl, in a barbie world, life in plastic, it's fantastic...." And no, I did not have to look the lyrics up, it was my pledge song - talk about hazing. We had to listen to it on repeat for A WEEK!!!!!!!
um- gross but cool. can we get one of these pleasE?
RR, why do you hate Queen? I don't understand that.
I want to hear more airport related posts!! There is a book you should pick up called Air Babylon which I think would be very cathartic for you!
RR, do you have any insight as to why european airlines give you delicious food and free wine and us airlines don't even give you a freaking cracker when you fly with them? I have never been able to figure out how US airlines are so broke and euro ones are not. ciao!!
Jacquelyn:
European airlines are starting to change too. In the past, governments were allowed to subsidize their flag carriers, so there wasn't much pressure to make a profit. Also, fares tended to be really high because there wasn't much competition from low-fare carriers. But those days are over, and you are already seeing European airlines cut back on food.
I flew on a Swiss regional airline called Crossair back in the late 1990s. The aircraft was a turboprop, and I remember being served a hot breakfast, complete with champaigne and swiss chocolates - on a 1.5 hour flight. Those were the days!!
Hi Benet, I didn't know that. Interesting! What about Asian airlines? You get nice little treats there too, better than U.S. also. I flew Kingfisher in India and that was really great. I highly recommend it! We got a hot meal on a flight that was only 45 min long...
Hi Jacquelyn:
Thank God the Asian airlines are still primarily government-owned monopolies (although that is slowly changing) and they still offer all the bells and whistles, even in coach. I make it a point to fly non-U.S. carriers when I cross the pond, especially since US airlines now make you pay for drinks in economy, damn them to hell. And if you play your cards right, you can still rack up the US-based airline frequent flyer miles.
I haven't flown Kingfisher yet, but I've heard nothing but good things.
Hi honeypie! When my old computer crashed, I lost ALL of my music... so hearing that you've rediscovered my old Queen cds makes me very happy! Please don't delete them until you've burned a copy for your impovershed little sis with terrible music taste.
Post a Comment